Sunday 9 March 2014

A monumentous occasion.

This weekend has seen the 18th birthday celebrations of my son. Friday was his birthday and after he'd spent the afternoon with his mum, he came to the pub with me for the first time as a legal patron. Needless to say that the evening was spent drinking and playing pool... with a lot of good natured chat along the way.

Yes... I had to carry him home but I think it was a great evening and he agreed.

The following night (for him) was his first nightclub experience with his older mates, which he also enjoyed greatly.

So... I have had a few distractions. This has meant that although I have managed to get a bit of painting done, I haven't got any pix again.

From a Grymn perspective, I have just got the final grey highlights and the bases to add to another three powered armour troopers and they will be finished... leaving just six more to finish for the whole platoon. Once the platoon is painted, I still have to add all the trandfers/decals but I'll wait until they are all painted so I can do them all together.

In other news, two more Votoms kits turned up from Japan so I can now say that I have all of the kits I need. I also had a surprise arrival from SLAP miniatures... my pewter pony miniatures (which I will show off at another time).

So... last week I went to Overlord and bought a few bits and bobs. One of which was this:


Click the Pic!

He's a Cybertronic Immortal from the Warzone Resurrection game. I didn't really know what to do with him so I had to get my thinking cap on... but it wasn't too hard to find a place for him in my Super team:


Click the Pic!

He's big but I think he still fits in.

I also bought a box of cheap Space Rangers from Em4, some little robot technicians from Crooked Dice, some 15mm Werewolfs from MJ Figures, some pack-less GW Kasrkin stormtroopers from the bring-and-buy and finally a Warmachine character from the same place. I bought a few laser cut bases as well but I binned them because they smelt terrible. The Space Rangers are on the paint table next to the Grymn in powered armour... so they are getting a bit of paint when I get fed up with painting angles and lines.

This week should hopefully be a bit less hectic... we'll see I guess!

See you from the pool table!

2 comments:

Mr Teufel said...

Which Crooked Dice robots are they?

Inso said...

The cute little Repair Drones:

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/repair-drone/

You'll have to copy and paste the link.