Sunday 24 November 2013

Diorama Mayhem

It has been an interesting week again with lots of work in the office and not as much hobby time as I would have liked... but progress has been made on my UDoD for this year's Diorama of Doom. Since my last post, I worked on the head and nearly finished detailing the undamaged side:


Click the Pic!

This work continued and I ended up finishing the undamaged side of the head and almost finishing the boat before working on the other side of the head and the base:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, I have edged the base, glued the boat down and filled the gaps and have got quite far with the damaged side of the head. I am likely to add an anchor rope to the front rail of the boat and a lap strap on the seat. I also plan to add a few reeds and maybe a critter to the base once the head is finished and glued down.

So... still a long way to go.

In other news, I am still quite sad about what happened in the Philippines and have given as much as I can to SHELTERBOX. Check out the LINK to see what they get up to and if you can, please send them some pennies. Every penny they get goes towards building the support boxes and getting them where they need to be. Every little helps and the people of the Philippines really need all the help they can get at the moment.

3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Inso,

I have some spare puppetswar eygptian swedes if you want them.

Hopefully if you follow the e-trail back to Devos IV, you'll be able to contact me, and I'll send them up.

Inso said...

Cheers for the offer but I only need six and I already have them :)

I am also in the process of shedding... so I have stopped gathering toys for the time being.

I think my mid-life crisis is beginning to take hold... :(

Zzzzzz said...

Ah, I'll keep looking for a new home for them.

Mid life crisis ? I'd suggest that if you've stopped collecting, that's a pretty strong indicator...