Sunday 9 June 2013

Another Lovely Sunny Sunday

It would appear that nature has finally decided to deliver a couple of sunny days and as I sit typing, the sun is high in the sky, the birds are chirping in the garden and the back door is open for the cats to go in and out as they wish.

I have managed to continue with my hobby painting this week and first of all, would like to show off a converted Mantic Enforcer captain:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, he is a rather massive fellow so he was useless for the original reason I bought him; to convert into a heavily armoured Dwarf. That means, he is just a random paint job; something to fit in somewhere in the future maybe. I decided to fill in the helmet area so that I could say that the suit inhabitant could be anything from a large alien to tiny aliens that pilot the suit from the helmet area. That keeps my options open.

I mentioned in my last post that I was in the process of painting a Sasquatch... well that sort of fell by the wayside and I decided to revisit my GZG mechs (all bought from Salute this year and last year). They take a lot of pinning and assembly but here they are; primed and ready for paint:


Click the Pic!

I have included the already partially painted mech in the bottom pic. I will be painting these in different colours and they will just be mechs... I haven't really decided what to do with them yet but at least they will be painted. As an aside, the middle mech demonstrates that blue-tack doesn't always do its job. I had stuck the mech to my priming plank with blue-tack and it didn't hold... so the mech went for a bounce on the grass (cunningly falling to bits). Luckily, it was repairable but it just goes to show how heavy these things are!

Well... that is about that for today. 

See you from the gingerbread house!

No comments: