Monday 23 April 2012

Back to normal operations.

Before I start, I'd like to welcome my two newest followers 'The Dark Templar' and 'The Dozing Dragon'. Welcome to my blog and make sure you comment on things you like... or don't and take away anything that you need as inspiration because ideas come from the strangest of places... and Inso's World is certainly a strange place!

The sun has set on another Salute weekend and after the tidy up yesterday, I can get back to normal operation and get back to what I know best... sculpting, converting, collecting and painting.

Now I could marvel at all of the goodies I bought at Salute but I think it would be even better to show a little progress on my little jungle unit... so here is a pic:


Click the Pic!

This sniper has ended up in my jungle unit because he is the only Grymn that has a gillie suit on. I have sculpted gillie suits on Grymn before but they have been over the top of all the kit rather than underneath it (seeing as gillie suits usually go over the top of everything). and they take a while so I wasn't prepared to go to those lengths to include him in my urban Grymn army... so I thought he'd fit in well with the junglies. He is a special character who scouts ahead and reports back to the rest of the patrol.

Speaking of the rest of the patrol...I have started to paint the first of the pods:


Click the Pic!

I still have a way to go but I thing the colours look quite good on it (compared to the bold blue and white that they usually wear). I also glued it to one of the bases I bought at Salute and filled the edges, ready to glue the sand on when I am ready. Now I need to tidy it up, add a bit of highlight and base it...maybe add a decal or two...

I am still tired out so I will take a small amount of time to climb back on the old hobby horse but I'll be back to my old self soon.

See you from the underside of a tour bus!

2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Ghillies suit looks really good. I do know what you mean about this guy he doesn't quite fit in with others on his own.

Inso said...

The rest of them are so much cleaner than him and they suit a more urban theme (well...that's what I'm using them for anyway).

He was just crying out to go and wander the depths of the jungle :)