Wednesday 12 October 2011

I just can't make up my mind...

Before I start, I'd like to welcome Colonel Shofer to my blog. I hope, as I always say, that there is something here that you feel inspired by. Make sure you join in with comments if you feel the need!

So...what am I going to do? It is the age old problem of finding out who the sixth man is.

I have had some great suggestions for the sixth member of the superhero team that I am building and I am getting to a point where I am going to have to make my mind up because I am nearly finished with four of the six...and I need to be thinking about how the sixth man will be posed by now, rather than deciding who it will be.

What I am after is a mid-level brawler who can soak up the punishment and keep fighting.

He has to fit in with my super-serum/technological/genetic theme (so no weird powers/abilities) and ideally, must be slightly quirky.

On the cards are:

Beast (original, human looking but with big hands/feet)
Beast (hairy)
Wolverine (ruled out for being too killy)
Sabretooth
Puck
Captain Britain
Captain America/USAgent
Luke Cage - Power Man
Collossus (ruled out for being in the too weird category)

I haven't ruled out Luke Cage but I am not sold on him. The original Beast is a bit boring looking and the hairy Beast is a worry for me...I don't want him to look like a teddy bear! Sabretooth suffers from the same hair problem as Beast.

So I am currently torn between Captain Britain, Captain America and Puck!

I ruled Captain America out a while ago for being a bit niche/boring but I can't rule him out because, quite frankly, I am running out of contenders!

Captain Britain is a cool character and he could easily have his background replaced by a super-serum due to his powers just being strength, agility, toughness and fighting prowess. He is probably the second contender at the moment...

...

But...how cool would a tiny, mid level brawler be? A REALLY tiny mid level brawler. One that is about 15mm tall (in miniature form)...

...and I am finding myself drawn towards the challenge of sculpting Puck. Whether or not I can rise (or shrink) to the challenge, is yet to be seen but I will give it a go, I think.

...but I am starting to think that Captain Britain, with his golden hair, red costume and staff, would make a characterful addition to the team.

Decisions, decisions...

Suggestions are still very welcome!

See you from the pool of radioactive waste!




4 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

British is best!

Captain Britain for me

Colonel Shofer said...

My pleasure :)

Keep up the good work :)

CS

Inso said...

I am probably going to sculpt Captain Britain and have a go at Puck as well. Once I have them done, I will most certainly have an interesting team so I can then look at trying Beast as well.

Yes, it will be a few more than originally planned but I really want to have Beast in the group but I want to make a good job of him...if I can't, it will put me off sculpting SO it is better to have a finished group and then have a go at the awkward ones afterwards.

...then I may do a few extras (male and female)...who knows? Once I get the bug, I may end up doing a few human sized ones!

Ajsalium said...

Clearly, I'd like you to sculpt a Beast. So I hope your muse stays with you long enought to finish him. :)

But regarding Captain Britain... I'm not sold on the character. Granted, you're British, so you'll be fonder of him than I am.
But I'd like you to take a stranger route... Captain Britannia. Female version, combining the look of the Marvel character with that of your patriotic icon.