Monday 30 May 2011

Monday meanderings...

I just thought I'd post a couple of pix...if nothing else, it shows that I have progressed a little!

I'll start with my three assembled, cleaned and filled APCs, all ready for undercoat:

Click the Pic!

I just couldn't resist posting the next pic. I haven't really sculpted very much for quite a while now and thought it was about time I did. This is going to be a basic shape...a bit like a sculpting dolly. I am in the process of designing a race of creatures and this is the start:

Click the Pic!

He is 23mm tall (the same height as a Grymn) and is a bit of a departure for me because I have been using my clay shapers to smooth the joins and make them less stark. I have a long way to go yet...I have to finish his arms, head and legs yet...but I am quite pleased with the progress so far.

The Enforcers just need to have eagle heads on their shoulder pads and they are finished. I haven't started the Cyber mastiff yet...but I need a little inspiration for that.

Everything in small doses.

See you for as long as the muse lasts!


4 comments:

Draxius said...

Gah Inso! Now you have given me a third possible option for my Chimera's...
Guess that means I need to get my hands on one of the Sand Crawlers as well before I pick a type to use for my army.

Inso said...

They come in wheeled and grav options too...excellently suited to the more stunty type of miniature :)

Inso said...

They are also half the size of a Chimera...so if you were to use it for gaming the 'beard' card may be thrown at you.

I don't game so I don't care about things like that...but it may be something for you to consider.

Draxius said...

Ordered in one of those now. If they are smaller I might just mount them on a base the size of a Chimera and use the base for measuring purposes. So at the moment I have three models coming in so I can pick the one I like best. The model from Old Crow, one from Ramshackle and this one :)