I have come to the conclusion that I have been a bit of a miserable git over the last few weeks and I need to shake off this 'funk' that has gotten me down. Yes I'm still very tired but...hey...I've been very tired before and it hasn't stopped me being cheerful and getting stuff done.
As I have said before, this is a time of consolidation. I have now got enough miniatures cases to sort out some of the clutter into nice, labelled storage and that means I can start re-filling the spaces I clear with some of the backlog. The trouble is, I still need to varnish my Tyranids and Tunnel Fighters...and that is what I have started doing :).
So far I have varnished a few of the Tyranids and should have them all done by the weekend. I am not planning on varnishing any Tunnel Fighters just yet because they are on my 'TO-DO' shelf and that is where they belong at the moment...seeing as they are my current project.
Now here's the thing...how do you shake yourself out of the doldrums? I'll tell you how...SHOPPING! And what could be better than shopping? SHOPPING FOR GIANT ROBOTS!!!
I have a plan...a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a Velociraptor!
I have decided that my Tunnel Fighters look like they could operate in a post apocalyptic urban battlefield...as well as kicking arse in caverns and tunnels and with that in mind, what could be more appropriate than buying a room full of giant robots to go with them as they stride across the war-torn landscape? I'll tell you what could be better...NOTHING!!!
The good things about this little project are:
1. They are my favourite subject (other than Grymn ;) )
2. They are plastic kits (and I enjoy building plastic kits)
3. They are cool enough NOT to need converting (which means they are more likely to get finished)
4. I will not need to do any sculpting (I am at a standstill where sculpting is concerned...:( )
5. They will look great in amongst the troops
6. The ones I am buying are VERY cheap! (I can buy two Grymn for the price of one 8" tall robot)
7. They will hopefully get me inspired enough to pull my finger out and get some work done
8. They will make me write fluff/organisation to go with them
9. I will have 7 of them to work with...oh happy days
10. They will fit on Dreadnought sized bases
11. They open up the 'ideas' channel...robot transport, mechanics, access to cockpit...etc...
12. LOTS OF OTHER GOOD THINGS!!!
Bad things about this idea...
...Nope...can't think of any :)
I'm not going to promise anything yet...I'm not going to say where the robots are coming from or which series they are from (although Japan would be the best place to start looking)...what I will say is that I hope this gets me going again as I really am getting gnarly waiting for some inspiration...
See you through the missile trails and gas-clouds