Sunday 14 November 2010

A busy day

Before I start with today's post I'd like to welcome a new follower to Inso's World; crowmag99...Welcome! I hope you enjoy your sojourn through the labyrinth that is my world!

So...where do I start? Well I have been doing a bit of drill practice over the last couple of weeks and have attended the Festival of Remembrance today...I'm in amongst this lot somewhere:

Click the Pic!

It was a solemn affair, as you would expect; with the reading of the names of the fallen of the village being the most poignant. It is only when you listen to the surnames of those who fell in the various wars that you understand that some families were decimated...sometimes as many as five of the males in a family were killed during WW1...effectively ending the family unit. A terrible price and one that should be remembered.


So...

This week I have been ticking away with the easy stuff again and have put the base coat on the first of the Brutish Dogs:

Click the Pic!

I reckon that it looks so much better now that it isn't pink! It obviously has a long way to go...ink wash and highlight...details etc...

Now I really didn't fancy slapping a wash on it this week...so I assembled the second one and gave it a quick base coat:

Click the Pic!

As you can see, the mech project is ticking along nicely...

I don't know if I have mentioned it but the other day a friend of mine brought me a present...a piece of old fish-tank backing...the foam, rock textured backing that you see at the back of aquariums. Well I thought it would look nice as a bit of backing for my photographs so I have started to paint it up (after re-doing the texture with Polycell) and just have a bit of sand to add to it to finish it off...Here is an Ogarix to show it off a bit:

Click the Pic!

On top of this I have paint-stripped a bunch of miniatures (to be revealed at a later date) and have put all of my Tyranids into a nice case...so generally speaking, I have managed to achieve nothing of detail...but lots of 'general' stuff. Hopefully my coming week of leave will let me recoup a little sleep and help me get back to some more detailed work again...or not...who knows?

See you through the poppies...

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

No comments: