Wednesday 30 September 2009

Wednesday.

Hello again! I'd like to welcome the latest follower of Inso's World; Arcturus. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay. Judging by your profile, you like a bit of 15mm and I hope that you won't be disappointed...but also that you have a look around and take away a few ideas.

##EDIT##
I've just noticed a second new follower; Kobold. Welcome to you as well and I hope that you enjoy having a look around Inso's World too!
##EDIT##

What has been happening this week so far? Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Why? I haven't slept so I am a liability around sculpting tools. In fact, I am such a liability that I mounted the curb in the car when going to work...

...Insomnia can be good for ideas but eventually it gets you down. That said, I am still quite cheerful and sentient so it doesn't stop me thinking about what to sculpt next. As I have mentioned already, the next big thing will be my 15mm Space Dwarf landmate. It has progressed a tiny bit and is now a slightly bigger blob-on-a-stick! I'd love to be able to say that it looks great...but it is just a frame to build up the layers on. so there is nothing to show...sorry.

Never fear...I'll get to a point where I'll sort things out and I'll be back to business as usual.

So...on to more serious stuff...GUNS. I was thinking that the 15mm Space Dwarfs would be carrying plasma weapons. I don't mean plasma guns (like GW have) but weapons that generate a plasma burst internally and spit it out of the front. I was thinking a top barrel with an underslung chamber. Something that will look a bit like a pump-action shotgun but with a larger stock and a square barrel. I was also thinking that a boxy scope would fit nicely with the visored helmets...you could say that the visor has a head-up-display that is linked to the camera in the scope.

Just a thought or two.

See you through the gloom!

3 comments:

Stutterwarp said...

Thank you Inso. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. It's interesting to see the steps involved as your projects progress too.

Inso said...

Cheers! Good to have you aboard.

I try to put up WIPs that show enough difference to be interesting but not enough to be a step-by-step.

I have done step-by-step guides before but there is a time and a place for those (as they need planning and can't be started half way through a sculpt).

David said...

Thanks for the welcome, Inso. I'm also interested in seeing how a sculpting project goes from concept to casting, as well as being interested in 15mm Science Fiction figures in general. I remember the original White Dwarf article on Space Dwarves where the writer stated he'd based the concept on the Gdemiar in Ursula Le Guin's 'Rocannon's World'. The WD house artist saw the words 'space' and 'dwarf' and drew a picture of a dwarf in space armour with an axe-head on his laser rifle. And thus were born the Squats and all their ilk :) Divided by a common language - LOL