Thursday 27 August 2009

Thursday...STOP THE PRESS!

Today has been pretty cool (apart from the sunburn on my forehead, nose and neck).

Why?

I received a parcel.

It contained my order from Hasslefree Miniatures so I can now make 8 Grymn cavalry.

It contained a goody bag containing some magnetic bits and pieces, a bubble gum and some metal components for conversions (alien heads and a few cinematic effects).

It also contained, as a gift, some resin components.

I now have the main components for building a resin Grymn walker AND a powered armour trooper. Not only that, I have a pair of resin blanks for two Grymn in standard armour!

I am extremely happy about the gifts and I thank Kev and Sally white, at Hasslefree Miniatures for their generosity.

Now...what can I do with the bits and pieces...decisions, decisions...

On to other things, I also went to a families day today. There were lots of parked aircraft, flying displays, parachutists, classic cars, a fun fair and many other things to see. I went with my family and my in-laws and we had a very nice time. It was only when I got home that I realised I looked like a tomato...oh, I am going to get the mickey taken out of me tomorrow!

See you on the happy farm!

4 comments:

bandit86 said...

Your Grymn stuff is fantastic. Is Kev now making Grymn blanks those would be so cool?
Also I love the desert Grymns the extra work on those really paind off. I had just bought an old Void dune buggy on ebay you should look into those I think they would go great with those grymns.

Inso said...

Hi Bandit86.

I'm not sure whether the resin blanks will turn into metal ones and go on sale but I think that is the plan. Even if they don't, they will speed things up in the Grymn production side of things.

My desert veterans are an all walker force. I am using tiger APCs for the troops (the quadruped walkers) and the only troops to make their own way in the desert will be rough riders...which I am working on at the moment.

Those buggies are cool though...maybe when I eventually get around to my Bohkin forces, they'll get a few.

Brandlin said...

YOU got walker bits!!!!!

mutter mutter....

Oh wait I hate walkers...

Dmanit you got the walker. and kev still has the grav bike... hmmmm

Inso said...

I actually got resin casts of the walker parts. Basically casts of the finished legs and feet with a WIP cast of the cockpit area and crotch.

With the Grav Bike being on permanent hold, I doubt if resin casts were ever made...otherwise, I'm sure Kev would have thought of you.