Sunday 9 August 2009

Chilled out Sunday.

What a nice evening for posting on my blog. I have just got back from a couple of hours just sitting on the edge of a rural part of the Thames river, drinking coffee and chatting with my family. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a couple of beers but I was designated driver so just coffee for me.

That is one thing about being in England that is really good; I don't have to check a map or ask the security guys where I am allowed to go (like I had to in Northern Ireland), I can just go where I like. It gives you a real sense of freedom.

So...on with the pix. First up is a pic of a 1/35 scale Marshy Dog; complete with the pilot and a Grymn for scale:

Click the Pic!

Obviously it needs paint but I really only assembled it to get an idea of scale and how the pilot fits into it. I really don't know what I will do with it but I'm sure something will come up. I only bought the two 1/35 scale Votoms to make up a minimum order value...so they were just a bonus really.

The next pic is a WIP of the fourth fireteam for my Urban Assault Platoon. I have got the hard bit out of the way (TINY SQUARES!!!) and have started to paint the brown bits:

Click the Pic!

I still have quite a way to go on these but they are a bit of a milestone because I haven't painted actual Grymn for absolutely ages (mostly because of the camouflage being daunting). Hopefully I'll manage to finish these off and then I'll get back into the swing of things and paint the remaining eight for the platoon. We'll see.

Just to show what a chilled out evening we've been having, here is Moggy smiling for the camera:

Click the Pic!

And Fred who really doesn't give a damn!:

Click the Pic!

As you can see, the cats have settled into our new home!

See you on the flip side!


No comments: