Sunday 24 February 2019

Ticking along.

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

It is a lovely, sunny day and I've just got back from a nice little trip over to Marazion, with my wife, to see the sea, have a coffee and get some fresh air.

This week has been lots of work, lots of chores and a bit of hobby so I'll get straight on with the hobby stuff.

To start with, I finished Dillon; the last member of the Predator Rescue Team:


Click the Pic!

So I now have a full team:


Click the Pic!

With the team in mind, I have been looking, online, for pictures of 'the chopper' but they all seem to be overly dark and the markings on the aircraft are minimal or indistinct so it got me thinking and I have decided to add a bit of character, with a bit of a personal slant... I am going to add the decals from a 1/48th scale Merlin. Not only that, it will be a Merlin that I have worked on and have added nose art to:


Click the Pic!

I know it isn't from the Predator but it will look nicer than dark green with black lettering and nothing else... plus it adds a personal element.

Now that the predator team has been sculpted and primed, I will attempt to paint them (at some point) but in the meantime, I have been gripped by the sculpting bug (for now) so I have dug out my shotgun veterans to finish off:


Click the Pic!

I just have the arms and a few minor details to finish so I am hoping that I can power on through and get them finished this week. In addition to these, I have also started a conversion for Colonel 'Ironhand' Straken. It is very early days yet so I don't have an image to share but hopefully, there will be pix by next Sunday.

In other hobby news, I recently received a small Ebay order... two Ratlings and four Beastmen from the GW 'Blackstone Fortress' boxed set... I have no idea what I am going to do with them but I have recently been gripped by a desire to add more Beastmen to my Squat army so watch this space.

Well... that's about it.

See you from the shingles!

1 comment:

pagumb said...

Great conversions and sculpting as always. A visit to Inso's World always gives me lots of hobby inspiration.