Sunday 23 September 2018

Autumnal... it's a word, you know...

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been relatively quiet.

More form-filling finished, DBS certificates dropped off and more waiting for news about my new job. On the plus side, I have received a formal offer for my job and that means that I am back in the game of life again. It also meant that I needed to buy some shoes, trousers and a polo-shirt so that I could have separate work-clothes... which I have now done. Once I have decided whether or not I can cope with the type of work I will be doing, I will spring for some additional 'sets' of work wear because I will most certainly need them.

On the charity front, I have been counting and banking collections and have started the investigation into how to thin down a few of the more onerous forms... that'll take a while but I reckon that I should be able to get some reduced effort for our collectors.

I have also been running a small auction for Marie Curie on one of my Facebook groups and have carried out the draw this morning... parcels will be sent off to the North of England and Australia tomorrow.

Not to be selfish... I'd like to share a link to my wife's 'Brave the Shave' charity event. I will be getting the clippers busy and giving her a grade 4 hair cut in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support. If you feel like you would like to chip in, please feel free to. Here's her page:


On the hobby front, I have really struggled for enthusiasm this week. 

All I have managed to achieve on the painting front is a bit of priming and a half-arsed attempt at base-coating the rest of the drones. 

On the sculpting front, I have managed to get some very minor work done on a Demiurg Air Guilder's face. All sculpting on the Ogryn has stalled because of the negative mojo I received. Hopefully the Air Guilder will be more successful. 

I have also been gathering bits and bobs for an Air Guilder transport drone. I have enough components for two and have started chopping a few things... but again, I haven't got very far due to a complete lack of enthusiasm.

You wouldn't necessarily know it but I tidied my work space to try and stimulate some activity:


Click the Pic!

I am yet to discover whether or not this little tidy up has worked... only time will tell, I guess.

To top off this week's post... the heating went on for the first time in ages... Autumn must be on the way properly now.

That's it for now.

See you from the hall of mirrors!




2 comments:

tim said...

Autumnal is not a word to describe where I live, at the moment. We went from summer directly into winter this weekend with a pile of snow! (Oh, it will melt starting tomorrow, and then, hopefully, we'll have something resembling autumn, at least for a few weeks!).

Best of luck with the new job!

Inso said...

Cheers :) . I'm looking forward to the new challenge. I just have to play the waiting game now...

I'd have preferred snow to the dank, misty, drizzly weather we have had over the last few days... but Cornwall only gets snow occasionally; just to prove people wrong! On the plus side, the new windows have really helped to speed up the warming process in the house... and the boiler still works so YAY! :)