I know it's been two weeks since my last post but I have been keeping myself busy with household chores and haven't had very much time for the hobby so I haven't had very much to update.
There have also been days that have been wiped out due to painkillers... so boring stuff that really isn't worth posting about.
Luckily, as a result of a week or two of preparation and painting, the front of the house now looks presentable (having painted the walls, mowed the grass and tidied up what needed tidying), the rear of the house is almost at a point for painting and the grass in the garden has been mowed/cut so the property is starting to look a bit more lived in and maintained. I've also had a friend round to look at removing the tree stumps from the garden (something I would have done myself if my shoulder wasn't too crook for me to swing a pick-axe or sledgehammer) and once the stumps have gone, it means I can focus on sorting out the verge and making it presentable as well.
This coming week, I hope to finish painting the back wall and also finish painting the side of the porch (I have chatted with my neighbour now so I will be able to stand on her property to gain access to it - it was only polite to ask). Once all that is done, I can get in touch with Collingtons and they can take pictures of the nice windows they fitted.
So... no hobby? Well, that isn't strictly true. As much as my sculpting mojo has left the building and I have been totally unable to sculpt anything (much to my displeasure because I am letting commissions slide and that isn't good), I have been ticking along with a model kit. The model kit in question is a Meng, World War Toon, King Tiger tank. I decided that it would make a nice proxy Leman Russ so I converted the weapons and it is now armed with a Punisher Cannon and a Las Cannon instead of its original weapons.
This is what I started with:
Click the Pic!
The main gun is made up of some of the plastic sprue from the kit and a couple of bits of tubing from the barrel of a pen. The Lascannon is one from a Centurion Kit from GW. Once the weapons were converted, I started painting. Some of the bits and pieces were painted on their sprue and others were sprayed after they were assembled. This is what the base-coat looked like:
Click the Pic!
At this point I realised that there were a few holes to fill (I left the aerial off and also an over-large spade) so I popped some Green Stuff into those and touched up the paint, prior to a Wash with Nuln Oil (for the grey bits) and Agrax Earthshade (for the green bits). After this, I stippled the tank with the original colour (Warpaints Army Green), touched up the grey again (Coat d'Arms Iron Grey) and then dry-brushed the whole tank (Vallejo Green Grey). A bit of black for the tracks on the side of the turret, followed by the all the tracks getting a dry-brush of Iron grey. Windows were just painted blue (Coat d'Arms Wizard Blue) and may get a highlight if I feel brave enough to squeeze a brush in there. This is where I am, at the moment:
Click the Pic!
I plan to add markings similar to British WWII tanks and have assembled some decals to do this. Unfortunately, I haven't got everything I need so I have put in an order with Dom's Decals for those I am missing.
I am really very happy with the kit and I think it is perfect as a proxy Leman Russ. I plan to put together a small company of them (ten tanks) with different weapons. With this in mind, I have ordered another two tanks from EBay so they should arrive sometime this week. I plan to arm the first three in the same way, with the next three having Battle Cannons, the three after that with Plasma Cannons and the leader with a Vanquisher Cannon. First things first though, the three Punishers.
Apart from that... not a lot of hobby at all. I really hope that a bit of sunshine this coming week, will help get my DIY jobs done and that I can stay off the painkillers for long enough to get some sculpting done. I guess that only time will tell.
That's it for now.
See you from the top of the ladder!