Sunday 22 October 2017

A busy few weeks.

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World on a rather overcast Sunday afternoon.

It's been a couple of weeks since the last post but I thought that it would be better not to post if there was nothing to tell you about or show you.

Over the last few weeks, I have been sorting out Dad's flat, making lots of phone calls, writing letters, having meetings and generally being involved with all the things you get involved in, when someone passes away. On Wednesday, this all culminated in my Dad's funeral and he had a good send off.

Over the next week or so, I am clearing the flat and dealing with probate and all of the lovely paperwork that goes along with that... so I will still be pretty caught up in real life.

Now that I have put all that to rest, what the heck have I been doing with my hobby lately? Well... even the staunchest of warriors needs a quiet moment or two and my quiet moments have been put to good use. First of all, I have finished the remaining two Squat Berserkers (Ministorum Priests):



Click the Pix!

Once these two were finished, I looked through the storage boxes and the only primed miniatures for the army, were my three Beastmen Jedi (Primaris Psykers) so I started to paint them but then... BRAKES!!! Let's be sensible for a moment... I don't want to paint all the characters before I paint some basic troops... so I put the Beastmen away and primed a squad of Squats, ready for paint. So far, I have finished a rough base-coat and now need to tidy them up before a wash... but just to prove that I have managed to get that far, here's a WIP pic of the first squad of 2nd platoon:


Click the Pic!

As you can (hopefully) see, they are in the same earthy colours as the Berserkers and I quite like the toned down look to them. I can't say that they will be finished for next Sunday but I hope to get a few more stages finished, even if it is just the tidy up and wash.

In other news... THIS happened:


Click the Pic!

My Kickstarter pledge turned up. It's been a while but it's not the most delayed Kickstarter I have been involved with (Mantic). I will sort out a review at some point but at first glance, they are rather nice... but a little bigger than expected. Now I would be the first to say that I didn't pledge for any other reason than to just see what they were like. With that in mind, I am free to use these in whatever way I see fit (rather than fitting them into any particular army) so they may end up as aliens or dwarfs or even robots... who knows?

Well... that's it for this week.

See you from the stairway!

3 comments:

Mordian7th said...

My most sincere condolences, man - take care of yourself!

Talk Wargaming said...

Hi
My name in Joseph Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

Please don’t throw me out the window, and sorry if this sounds like spam, I just wanted to drop a message here say thanks for all of your years in supporting the community and hope it can also continue far into the future.

Right now we're fighting the battle of looking for other content creators for our website but our reach doesn’t go as far we’d like.

If you would be interested, we want to build a long-term working relationship with you, but take some time as I understand what your going through.

Your first question most likely is what is it you want from me, or what you want me to do?

That is up to you to answer.

(My apologies if this gets to you twice)

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com

Contact: editortalkwargaming@gmail.com

Inso said...

@ Talk Wargaming,

My email is: stevinso@hotmail.co.uk

Feel free to contact me with any proposals you may have but be warned, I have a lot going on so I want straight information that I don't have to chase around for or I will lose interest extremely quickly.

You will be expected to do the running around because I don't have the time or enthusiasm at the moment.

If I remember correctly, this is the second time I have been approached by your site and the first time ended in no responses to my emails.