Sunday 21 May 2017

Fit to drop.

Hello and welcome to Inso's world on a lovely, sunny, Sunday afternoon.

This week has been fairly eventful. I have started running and exercising again, after a 14 month hiatus. I have managed just over 13 miles and a hundred press-ups/sit-ups... which isn't a huge amount but it is a start... and it was also a bit of a struggle after such a long absence of fitness activity. I am getting fit again so that I can undertake my next charity challenge; a 25 (ish) mile run from Helston to Land's End. I am hoping to do the run near Christmas... but until I start getting a few miles under my belt, I can't set an exact date yet. Here's the link if you wish to add your support:


In other news, my niece (who lives nearby) was visited by some family members this week so I got to catch up with my sister, brother-in-law, my oldest niece and her lovely little lad; who I hadn't met before. It was great to see them and meet the baby for the first time.

Sculpting-wise, I have finished off the first trio of Demiurg:


Click the Pic!

From the left: Controller, Leader and Technician. I posted this picture on a few forums and got a couple of responses saying that the leader's crest looked a little odd... and I agreed... so I made a few adjustments:


Click the Pic!

I was much happier with how it looked so I embarked on the painting journey... however, I only managed to get as far as priming before I had a muse-failure so I stopped and continued preparing the next three:


Click the Pic!

As you can see from the picture, I haven't got very far with the next three Demiurg but it is a start. The picture also shows my kneeling, Halfling sniper in the background. In between Demiurg sculpting, I have been ticking along with the sniper and have got pretty far. It's just his head and rifle to finish now... and then I'll get on with number five.

I may have mentioned that, in order to finish the Demiurg, I needed to get hold of enough 'sky pikes' for the Controllers. Well, this week (through Facebook) I have managed to arrange plenty of them... with seven having arrived already and a further two on the way. Than means I have enough for a total of ten controllers (if I need them) so I have options available to me now.

Well... that about covers things for now. Next week's blog post will be a little late because I have a very busy weekend. I expect the post to be late Monday or early Tuesday so watch this space.

See you from the mole-hole!


2 comments:

Sebastian said...

Aye a great result - solid putty work too. Top stuff, looking forward to the next three! :)

Inso said...

Cheers :)

I am working on the next three while I am sculpting other things so there will be quite a delay on them... At the moment, the Halfling snipers are at the top of the tree.