Sunday 23 April 2017

Another beautiful Sunday.

Hello again.

It has been a beautiful day and it was decided that after the necessary food-shopping trip, we would go to the beach... which was stunning:


Click the Pic!

This week has been a pretty good one... apart from the exhaust falling off the car... but I'm not talking about that!

I have been busy sculpting, digging up weeds, cutting up tree stumps and doing chores with the occasional trip out-and-about.

I have been talking to the landlord of my local pub (the Rodney Inn, in Helston) and he is happy for me to carry out my charity hair and beard shaving event in his pub. As I have mentioned it is on 5th May and a link to my just giving page can be found here:


Donations are slowly starting to arrive but every penny counts so, if you can afford to, please donate to a very worthy cause; Marie Curie - providing support during terminal illness.

Speaking of the Rodney Inn... Friday night they had a live band on:


Click the Video!

Yes... I am loving life in Cornwall!

So... sculpting.

I have been busy sculpting my little Ratling snipers this week and have finished one, with the second one almost complete. Here is one of the last pictures I took of the 'finished' sniper, with the second one still very WIP:


Click the Pic!

In order to see the scale pic at roughly the right size, you will have to right click on the image and 'open in a new tab'.

Now... I mentioned 'finished', rather than finished (without the quotation marks). That is because I thought it was finished so I put the images on the forums I frequent. That was when I got some feedback, which in all fairness was spot on, however, it could have been a bit less blunt and my 'arty-farty' head had a proper strop about it. Fortunately my 'military engineer' head stopped me from destroying the sculpt and abandoning this project and, since the picture has been taken, I have adjusted it somewhat so it shouldn't look like a 'feathery Minion with bananas hanging from his fart gun' any more.

The actual finished images haven't been taken yet and will be put up next week, hopefully with a second, finished sniper... and possibly a third one WIP.

Don't get me wrong, constructive feedback is an excellent way of helping you to get better and I welcome it but sometimes, when you have spent a good amount of time creating something you think looks good, blunt criticism sort of kicks you a bit. Sometimes 'being an artist' kind of takes over and you throw your teddies out of the pram... and that happened a bit this week.

Anyway... as blunt as the critique was, I have taken it on board and have changed the 'Minion goggles' and removed the 'bananas' from the end of the rifle. I think it looks better and hopefully, when the pix are shown next week, so will you.

I have no idea what will be going on this coming week... so I guess that next week you'll find out.

See you from the naughty chair!

2 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

LOVE that sniper!!!

Inso said...

Thank you :)

There will be at least a few more... maybe even more than a few...