Sunday 26 March 2017

Retreat and regroup time.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been another slow one on the hobby front, with visits from family and shelf building taking priority over my hobby... especially seeing as my hobby mojo has left the building at the moment.

Fortunately, I have things like this to enjoy now:


Click the Pic!

That was Marazion; yesterday. Beautiful, isn't it?

So I have sat down and thought about how my Squat army is going and I have decided that I need to make a few changes to get back to the original theme I was planning and that means I need to trim a few things.

I felt that I needed to streamline the army so have chosen to remove the Wolverines (they are too different), the Wyrdvanes (they just don't fit with the style of the army) and the Assassin(s) (I cannot think of a way of explaining their 'superness'). Everything else will be staying in the army and this is now where I am at with the organisation (the top three tiers are Codex Space Marines, the rest Codex Astra Millitarum):


Click the Pic!

You may need to 'right click' and 'view image in a new tab' to get a decent look at it. As you can see, I have finished quite a lot but still have a long way to go... but by keeping it simple, I am increasing the likelyhood of finishing everything.

That said, I may still add Wyrdvanes but they will be more tailored towards my existing Psykers (Beastmen Jedi) and that means a lot of conversion so I will worry about them later.

In order to get a few things finished, I have bought some space marine centurion weapon sprues from EBay so they should be arriving in the near future. That will enable me to equip my 3rd platoon with the special weapons they need, without having to convert them. It has also planted a brain-worm for a new conversion but I am going to wait and see what happens because it will mean more Priests/Berserkers (and I already have the three I am allowed... so it is an extra rather than something to fill up existing organisation slots).

What else is new? Well... I have filled in my pledge manager for the Kickstarter I joined. It was the Elsor-Varo Kickstarter, run by Gidran Miniatures and can be found...

 HERE

I have just gone for a single set and the add ons and am now in the queue, waiting for things to arrive, as and when Gidran complete all the sculpting. It should be fun.

Once in a while, it is nice to be able to 'share the wealth' with fellow hobbyists and this week I have been able to do just that. I have sent a few spare arms to a chap because he really needed them to complete a unit of Squats. The reason I did this was because he only asked for what he needed... nothing more so I was happy to help and have sent a few extra bits too (I hope he will be happy with them). I think that 'giving back' is an essential part of life and really helps to balance all the shitty stuff that is going on in the world. I also think that there would be less shit in the world if more people just did nice things... especially when it doesn't cost anything (well... apart from a stamp in this case).

So... to finish, seeing as it is Mother's Day and I don't have one anymore... Here is the most important woman in my life... with me at the beach yesterday. Happy Mother's Day:


Click the Pic!

See you from a happy place!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just filled my survey for that Kickstarter. I like their heavy armour design but if previous purchases serve as a reference their scale is closer to 32mm scale than 28mm. Being resin they can be shortened tho, I'll be deciding when they arrive.

Inso said...

This was a 'let's have a look' buy for me. I am not planning anything with them yet so I wait, like you, to decide what happens when they arrive.