Sunday 3 July 2016

A slow one.

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World after what has been a very slow week.

Since the first five of the Veteran Tyranid Hunters were posted, I have not really been in the mood for much hobby time... especially seeing as I had the Summer Ball to go to on Friday.

Obviously, the Summer Ball is an annual event where our mess holds an all night ball with music, live bands, dancing, great food, a free bar, dodgems, fairground rides... the list goes on... So Friday night was very much a case of partying the night away with my wife and friends, having 'survivors' breakfast at aroung 03:30hrs and then taking the winding path home. Saturday was a very leisurely affair and today hasn't been much better but every once in a while, it does you good to chill out and be a slob.

So... what hobby stuff have I been up to?

Well... I have bulked out the replacement commission sculpt and I have been working on the remaining five bodies for the Veteran Tyranid Hunters. They are all at the same stage now... ready for the faces to be sculpted and the helmets to be cleaned up before the arms and packs are glued on:


Click the Pic!

In other news... I have had another distraction. A distraction so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox. A third detachment for my army! Yes a third detachment. A detachment that will only involve four models. It certainly isn't a big detachment... but it is a very hard hitting one... so be sure to watch out for it in future posts.

I know... it's another very short post this week but I am hopeful that I will have some great stuff for the next post... which won't be on Sunday because... I'm off to the Silverstone F1 Grand Prix with my 'completely obsessed with F1' wife... so that will be fun.

Then of course... there is Cornwall, house hunting, mortgage seeking and cider drinking...


The wheels of life are certainly turning!

See you from the bullet train!

1 comment:

marell_le_fou said...

Silence for few days... Did cider killed you ? :)

The more i think of those squats veteran of tyranids wars, the most i think they are both a good idea and nice figs.

I like the idea that several squats had to beg the mechanicum to keep alive after the great destruction. And the idea that the mechanicum enjoyed doing what they wanted with their corps, changing them into half machines things.

I think they will be great when they will have faces. Hard, injured faces. Scars, burns (both from fire and bio acide)... They will be visible vets with terrible grim faces and membres (fingers cut off, etc).

You have not really met them yet. Let them come and you will see they will be good guys.

But as said, if you don't want them, i can keep them a special place in my army ;)