Wednesday 17 December 2014

It's Grymn down South...

I was sitting, minding my own business, when I suddenly realised that I haven't posted an army pic for my Tunnel Fighters.

The only previous picture of any note was this one but it was only the basic units:


Click the Pic!

Well... seeing as I have time on my hands and had nothing too pressing to do, I decided to dig everything out and plonk it on the table... so here is the entire army (including the white vehicle which is the only unit that remains unfinished):


Click the Pic!

As part of this random event, I decided to make a rough tally of how much it had cost and I suddenly realised that I spend far too much on my hobby. Without taking into account the paint, glue, putty and man-hours to build it up, it comes in at around £1100.00... that's a whole lot of money spent on a completely unpractical thing... Anyway, here's a pic with a few labels:


Click the Pic!

Hopefully, when I get back from my tour, I will dedicate the required effort to finish the command vehicle, varnish the remaining un-varnished items and finally finish this project once and for all.

If nothing else, this project shows that you can take fairly random items and tie them all together with a coherent paint scheme and a bit of explanation. It also shows that it is possible to complete an army, even though every single unit is converted in some way.

See you from the cupboard!

5 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

Where did you get the APCs that your mech inf are using?

Inso said...

I got them from here (you'll need to copy and paste):

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_112_117&zenid=8deb6a9a4e9f35f718450ab92f45b2d7

Da Masta Cheef said...

thanks!

Lord Siwoc said...

This really looks amazing ! A beautiful and really special!

Unknown said...

Awesome job dude, really cool.