Sunday 12 January 2014

Grinding forward.

Before I start, I'd like to welcome Tarkiss Broode and Joe Kushner to Inso's World. I hope you both enjoy your stay and gain a small amount of inspiration from within the grounds.

I am sorry to say it has been another slow week. I have been quite tired; what with going back to work and still not being able to sleep so my concentration hasn't been great. That said, I have powered through and set myself tiny goals which I have been meeting... so I am hoping that slow and steady wins the race. Unfortunately, the one thing I really want to be doing is sculpting but I am not able to at the moment... so I have been painting when I can  and assembling when I can't paint. As a demonstration, here are some WIP pix:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, the top row has three Grymn in Powered Armour with the new back-pack heavy weapons attached. They are freshly primed ready for base-coating. The lower row has the next four troopers all washed and ready for the highlight stage and basing. Looking at the fire team on the bottom row, one of the troopers with carbine and sword will be replaced by one with the back-pack. 

That means that all of the standard fire teams will have the following:
1 x Leader - Pulse Carbine and Power Glove.
1 x Trooper - Minigun and Power Glove.
1 x Trooper - Pulse Carbine, Power Sword and weapon Back-Pack.
1 x Trooper - Pulse Carbine and Power Sword.

The command squad will have the following:
1 x Leader - Pulse Carbine and Power Glove.
1 x Trooper - Pair of Power Claws.
1 x Trooper - Pair of Power Claws.
1 x Trooper - Pulse Carbine, Power Sword and weapon Back-Pack.

The Platoon will consist of:
1 x Command Squad.
3 x Infantry Squad (each having a pair of standard fire teams)

As I have always maintained, a plan never survives contact with the enemy and we should always be prepared to adapt and be flexible. The release of these new back-packs is a good demonstration of this.

So... hopefully, I'll get a bit more sleep this week and finish my sculpting, otherise I may start to panic!

Am I the only one who has noticed that Grymn have crept into my mindset again? It's funny because I may have ordered something to distract me further and put me firmly in the Grymn world again.

More about that when the said item arrives.

In other news, I came third in the Unofficial Diorama of Doom and received a lovely little Goblin as a prize. Thanks to No Hed Ned for that. I'll be kicking off the next Unofficial Diorama of Doom soon.

See you from the pilot's seat!

No comments: