Saturday 6 April 2013

A Saturday Post... just for a change.

Before I start the post proper, I would like to welcome Zog to Inso's World. Welcome to the wonders of my world and feel free to stick around, borrow ideas and share your thoughts.

So why have I decided on a Saturday post? Well, it is the first day of a week long holiday so that is a good reason. Add to that I have just had a parcel delivered. Also... the sun is shining so I have managed to get some priming done. AND... among other things, I have a sculpt to show off.

That means that I can't keep quiet and need to blab (I have other news too)... so here we go.

I have been looking for a drop-ship for ages and as I have mentioned on a previous post here, I managed to get hold of an action figure toy version of an Avengers Quinjet. Well, it arrived today and I have been turning it over and making plans and while I was doing that, I took a few pix:


Click the Pic!

I will commence disassembly of the thing soon. 

As it has been a nice sunny day, I managed to get a bit of priming done today. That meant that I can now try out some of my new Coat d'Arms paints from Grekwood Miniatures. I don't have very many of them yet but I wanted to see how they cover before I go totally bonkers and replace all of my GW paints. Here is what I primed and a very rough base-coat on one of the items:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, the greens are nice and bright so I will be moving on to the other three to continue with the base-coating later.

In other news, I have been thinking about the Frothers Sculpting Competition and how I am going to keep it in the front of people's minds while the forum is on a break. Seeing as I am a judge, I am not able to enter the competition so I thought it would be a good idea to sculpt a few miniatures to keep people thinking about the competition. The first one that I have finished is called a 'Moustachioed, three-eyed, hairy, Groper':




Click the Pix!

Keeping with the same sort of theme, the next sculpt (currently WIP) is called a Wang-Shambler... make of that, what you will.

Finally, there is some good news from Hasslefree Miniatures. First up, they have a lot of new releases on the site; including some Weird-World-War-1, Russian-style Dwarfs. Secondly... I have it on good authority that the Grymn Powered Armour is going to make an appearance on the site IMMINENTLY. I am rather pleased about this and have already drawn up plans for the ones I want.

That is it for now. I am sure I'll pop by tomorrow so watch this space.

See you from the happy garden!

1 comment:

Lasgunpacker said...

That quintjet is going to look amazing, and is really the perfect size for a drop ship.

Great job on the shambler guy too, very "cute" in a way that ought to induce distruction by space marines.