Sunday 13 January 2013

Waking up, on a Sunday Morning...

Before I start today's post, I would like to welcome Mr.J to Inso's World. Welcome aboard, Mr.J; I hope you find something of interest to take away with you and be sure to comment on things... it makes the days pass brighter.

I have had a bit of a slow start to my day... a mix of a late night and some Ruby Port but I am starting to get my head around things and perk up a bit now.

In a few days time, I am going to be right for the whole following year. Why? Well, I'll be 42 and that means I will be the answer to the question of the meaning of life, the universe and everything. I am sure there will be bumps in the road with this but I am sure I will flatten them out.

In the hobby field, I have been busy (even though there are builders in and out - we're getting a new bathroom from HM - whether we like it or not) and have been frantically painting Clankers. Here is the first unit finished:


Click the Pic!

In addition to that, I have primed and base-coated another unit in gun-metal ready for the next stage so I am quite happy with the way things are going. I have also started work on the Hellbrute but have only fitted wire and started to put a frame to sculpt over... so nothing worth showing off yet.

In other news, I have finally succumbed to the inevitable. It has cost me a few months hobby money too... 

... at Salute last year, Hasslefree Miniatures released the Grymn Walker (available HERE and HERE). It is a beautiful piece of equipment:


Click the Pic!


Click the Pic!

When I saw it I immediately began thinking how I would use such a beast for my Grymn forces and my first thought was "I now have a walker for my Urban Army". My second thought was "I hope they aren't too expensive because I'll need a lot". Well, for what they are, they aren't expensive but at £20-00 a go, I needed to think seriously about how many I needed. I looked at various formations and thought about how the walkers would interact and decided that they would use the modern British armoured squadron formation. That means 14 vehicles (four sections of three, an I/C and a 2I/C).

Well this week, I bit the bullet and ordered 14 of the Walkers. 

I figured that it would help to get them all painted uniformly if I did them all together. I also figured that it may kick start the Urban Army again. I know that a finished squadron of walkers will look the dog's danglies.

Well, that's about it for today. I doubt that I will achieve any post worthy stuff today so I doubt there will be further updates today.

See you from the Walker shed!


1 comment:

Stephen said...

Great work matey :-)