Sunday 23 December 2012

A day trip.

Today was a good day.

I was up by 06:30hrs and on the road with my family by 07:30hrs.

I expected a terrible drive on packed, flooded roads with terrible weather but it didn't happen.

Yes it was a bit windy in places but the trip to Somerset went without a hitch and I landed at my Sister's and Dad's places in good time.

I had a lovely day catching up with family and enjoying the gossip before travelling back to Oxfordshire.

I nearly fell asleep on the drive back so a trip to the nearest service station for a cuppa and a can of Red Bull and I was fit to drive the rest of the way.

... and that was my day.

A glass of port for a night cap and tomorrow I will be picking up Christmas dinner from the butchers, closing down the Unofficial Diorama of Doom competition at midday GMT, getting a bit of hobby time in before wrapping up presents and retiring to my pit for the night...

...well, that's the plan at any rate.

...

... But a plan never survives contact with the enemy!

See you from under the kitchen table!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Great stuff matey

Inso said...

Cheers and all the best for Christmas and the New Year :)