Sunday 24 June 2012

Tick... Tock...

Before I start with today's post, I'd like to welcome Greblord and demi_morgana to my humble blog. Welcome to both of you and I hope you enjoy your stay. There is all sorts to be seen so make sure you check out the view and feel free to comment on whatever you see.

So... this week has been... interesting to say the least. It started well but then on Tuesday I discovered a massive phone bill that my son had run up. Nearly half-a-grand British Stirling. Well... that sort of put the damper on the rest of the week and my enthusiasm for hobby stuff sort of died.

That said, I have managed to get a small amount of sculpting done but mostly on the commission pieces that I can't show off. I did however, find the gumption to start the next Dwarf and continue with the gift miniature:


Click the Pic!

Okay... it isn't much but it IS something.

This week has seen a bit of nostalgia creeping in over at LAF. Warzone is the topic of conversation and that stirred something in me... so I have been assembling and converting again and can show off the fruits of my labour:


Click the Pic!

As you can see, there are nine Vulkan / Victor battle-suits in the pic. The four at the back will be getting re-marked and will form part of a nine Clanker unit. The unit will be led by the Victor (the large one) and will have a pair of anti armour weapons (in the process of conversion - an auto-cannon and a las-cannon). The unit will have an additional comms-robot to make it up to ten (just like the rest of the Tunnel Fighter units). 
It will be easy to convert the planned miniature and it will suit the heavier stats of the Clankers (it will count as an un-armed Clanker). You can get them HERE and I think it will fit in with the style of the other comms-robots I have in the Tunnel Fighter arm.

That is about it for now.

See you from the top of a tall tree!

4 comments:

Rovanite said...

Whoa that is a crazy phone bill!! Sorry to hear about that :( On a more positive note though, you are making great progress! I also look forward to seeing how those Vulkan battle armour guys turn out!

Simon Quinton said...

Ouch to the phonebill mate. Nice work on your clanker units though

maxxev said...

Youch!! I hope you've banned him from the phone

Mike Strefford said...

and depending on the operator you can challenge the amount as they shpuld have sent warnings to him (or you) if he was exceeding his bundle.

of course if he got them and ignored them its no use, but it is always worth trying