Sunday 18 April 2010

3, 2, 1...Aaaand I'm back in the room!

After an extremely busy couple of weeks, I have taken a big chill and come back down to earth again. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show off but that doesn't mean that I have been idle; it just means that I have been doing a little consolidation.

First of all (for all you people who are keen on finding out what is happening to the 15mm Dwarfs). I have taken the Dwarfs out of my cupboard and they are now nestled together on my work table. I have been thinking long and hard about how to deal with the weapons (which is why they stalled) and have come up with a cunning plan to sort something out very soon. Once I have the weapons on, I think they will get finished very quickly so I hope to have some progress pix soon...WATCH THIS SPACE.

Next up, I have finally assembled all of the basic troops for my Grymn Tunnel Fighters. I have ten assembled miniatures sat on my work table in various states of paint and hope to get them finished very soon. Speaking of my tunnel fighters; I have continued to sculpt the big robot and have bulked up the shoulders and started to detail the joints and main components of the arms. I have also begun the painstaking task of cleaning up all of the Epic scale Landraiders that I have, ready for converting into robot barriers.

Speaking of Landraiders, I have been using them for a bit of an experiment. When they arrived from E-Bay, they were all in various states of paint so I needed to paint-strip them. After browsing the forums for paint-stripping advice, I settled on Dettol disinfectant to do the job. All I had to do was throw the Landraiders into a glass bowl, cover them in Dettol and leave them over night. In the morning I brushed them vigorously with a toothbrush and repeated the process over a couple of days to get them perfectly stripped. One thing I found out was that you shouldn't rinse them with water in between as it makes the paint sticky. Apart from that, I now have 8 more nicely clean Landradiers that have begun the transition to robots...so a job well done!

What? More plans? Yes! This time not of a hobby nature. Tomorrow I bite the bullet and go to look at my motorcycle. I have had it sat in a garage for 2 years and have been putting off going to look at it because I am dreading what I'll find. The bike went into the garage in a rush and never got a clean or any other preparation for storage...top that off with a pair of popped fork seals and you'll realise why I have been none too keen to look at it.

I hope you all wish me luck with it because, quite frankly, I need all the luck I can get!

Well...that's it for today!

See you through the glorious sunshine!

No comments: