Sunday 21 February 2010

Sunday mutterings

So, there I was minding my own business when, out of the blue, an idea struck me...aren't Spartans an awesome idea? I don't mean the ones from Halo...I mean the Greek heroes from times gone by. I watched 300 with my son and I didn't want to 'go and do other things'...in layman's terms, that means I really enjoyed watching it again, especially seeing as my son enjoyed it so much too.

So I have another project on the go now...you'll never guess what it is...and I mean...you'll NEVER guess what it is!

So...apart from starting off the thought process in a completely random direction, what the heck have I been doing this week? Well, I have finished the latest batch of Tunnel fighters; adding seven to the growing masses. I have also converted and undercoated the next six whilst simultaneously working on the boss and his robot companion. Here's a pic:

Click the Pic!

As you can see, the boss still has a long way to go but he is starting to get the look of a leader, don't you think? You'll notice that the robot isn't in the pic...that's because I'm not going to show you what he looks like just yet...probably because the difference from the last pic isn't really worth showing at the moment. Once he has a bit more to show off, I'll post pix.

In addition to all the tunnel fighter progress, I have actually managed to pick up a brush and paint a bit of Bubonic Brown on my Carnifex. I must admit that I haven't painted very much...but a little is a lot more than I have managed recently on my Tyranid menace.

To change the subject, I have been reading the Void 1.1 rulebook and have even gone as far as getting some shiny new dice to play the game with. Does this mean I am going to start gaming again...after an absense of over 20 years? I really couldn't say...but it is looking like it. I think that one of the reasons is the different way the game works...rather than waiting while your opponent takes his entire turn, with Void 1.1 it is 'I go - you go' with each unit so there is less time sat waiting and more time getting involved. It all sounds fun to me.

I am starting, slowly, to get the hang of shift work. It is very tiring and the way the shift pattern is laid out, it isn't easy getting a sleep routine...but I am slowly working it all out so I am becoming less tired...which is good :). I am really enjoying my work, even though the pressure has increased...I am relishing all of the new challenges that are coming my way. There is so much going on that I don't even have time to slow down so my days are flying by...I may even be off to foreign climes again soon...just for a couple of days and somewhere 'non-hostile'...which is nice.

That's it...I've said enough. Keep an eye on my Grymn blog and remember to watch the skies!

See you through the looking glass!



No comments: