Wednesday 5 May 2021

I can see the finish line!

 Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

Nothing has changed, outside of the hobby so I'm going to get straight to the point... I have nearly finished my Space Dwarf Project.

From the beginning, the plan was to create a range of miniatures that I could build an infantry company with... and have a small amount of support for it. That would mean that I needed about a hundred miniatures. 

I have never felt that all of the miniatures needed to be unique... in fact, I was hoping to get multiple casts of each miniatures to mix and match throughout the company.

So the plan for the company was to have a command squad, three infantry platoons and three heavy weapon squads to support the platoons. This in turn, led to the following list of required miniatures:


So far, I have sculpted 35 out of a planned 42 miniatures and with a few head-swaps that Chris has done for the heavy weapon trooper, I have nearly got all of the required miniatures finished... and the ones that need finishing are just conversions of casts.

Since I last posted on here, I have finished a Colonel:


Click the Pic!

He is armed with a plasma pistol and a master crafted power glove. If you look closely at the power glove you may notice that it may resemble something from a completely different franchise.

I have also finished a Captain with a dog for company:


Click the Pic!

This is my favourite sculpt of the project and I can't wait to get it painted up... I may even convert one a little so that I can join my army myself !

Finally, I emptied my work-bench by head-swapping a few Lasgunners: 


Click the Pic!

... and after a bit of base tabbing and tidying, these have now been packed up, ready to be sent to Macrocosm Miniatures for casting:


Click the Pic!

Once I get the previous batch of casts, I can convert the last seven miniatures for the project (3 Comms-Troopers and 4 Lasgunners)... and it will be finished! 42 miniatures will have been created and turned into a range. Over a year's work! Finished...

... well... is it, though?

See you from the party table!

3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Aaaahh.

You know that this won't ever really finish, don't you ? My IG were a 2005 side project.

Inso said...

This project has a list to follow... and there are 7 more troops to finish and that's it.

There is a next project that will be for the same army... but it's for different things so will get its own list.

In fact... there are a couple of off-shoot projects planned, one for Mercenaries and one for Advisors. The Mercenaries will not be uniform so could be used for all sorts of armies/squads/gangs... The Advisors will be add-ons for the army that don't conform to the same uniforms (Engineseer, Servitors, and advisors from other regiments).

raj biswas said...

Great article data and I got extremely many topic information from your website. I appreciate your work and requesting you to please keep posting other niche articles and like you,
Thank you very much for giving everyone to express our feeling and though
english stories