Sunday 26 January 2020

A Kickstarter?

Hello again... seeing as I have some big news, I thought I'd share it.

As it happens, a few months ago, I sold a couple of sculpts to Macrocosm Miniatures; after finding out that the owner (Chris) had bought my Berserker sculpt from the guy I sold it to...


Click the Pic!

I didn't think too much about it and then I got a message that Chris wanted to start a Kickstarter for 'Seven Dwarfs' sculpted by Phil Hynes (of Bears Head Miniatures). We got talking, as you do... and the subject of adding some of my sculpts to the Kickstarter came up. After a bit of too and fro, we agreed that a Commissar and a heavy weapon trooper would be cool to add to the existing two that Chris already owned; these two:


Click the Pic!

... so I said "why not?" and duly sculpted a Commissar and a Heavy Weapon trooper:




Click the Pix!

The Heavy Weapon trooper is a conversion of the original Sgt miniature... that's the beauty of having a company send you lots of copies of miniatures to play with! Now... while I was playing with the Commissar and HW trooper, I got busy with riflemen... adding a couple of new heads to the first version and sculpting an 'all new' one:




Click the Pix!

That just left me with the heavy weapons to sculpt. Now this is a new departure for me so I have been going through a trial and error process. So far, I have finished a Missile Launcher but am still WIP on the HMG and Laser Cannon... here's the finished one:


Click the Pic!

I am currently working on the Laser Cannon and am also at a very early stage on the HMG but I am getting there. Once these are finished, I have plans to add a few more troopers to the range but they won't be part of the Kickstarter, they should (hopefully) be part of a range that will be available from Macrocosm Miniatures at a later date... So big things have been going on, over the last few months and I thought it was worthy of popping into Inso's World to share it.

There will be more news, when I have it...

... and to start with, the Kickstarter has JUST funded at £4085 (with a required amount of £500... so over 800%!).

How cool is that, eh?

See you from the top table!



4 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Very kool.

pagumb said...

Very exciting. More of your miniatures on tabletops is a good thing. Congrats!

slovak said...

I love this, and I'm really regretting that in the midst of all the world health crisis I missed the KS. Beautiful work!

Inso said...

@ slovak - There is a new Kickstarter being run at the moment that includes another chance to get these miniatures. Here's the details (you'll need to copy and paste into your browser):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076383099/space-dwarf-bikers-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures/description