Sunday 18 November 2018

Life's distractions.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been one of slowly getting used to working for a living (again) and a bit of hobby stuff... so here we go.

Work has been pretty heavy this week. I haven't really had a manual job for a good ten years and I think that the heavier aspect of this job... especially when stepping up from two years off work... has caught up with me. How can I tell? Well, I nearly collapsed at work on Thursday and if it hadn't been for the fact that I knew where the chair was, I would have. I managed to quickly back myself into a seat and put my head down to try and shake off the feeling that I was going to pass out. Five minutes rest, a drink of water and some fresh air sorted things out but I learned a valuable lesson... I need to eat breakfast. With that in mind, I now have some breakfast bars to go with my morning tea so I am hoping that the energy boost will keep me going at work.

Apart from that, I have had a great week at work and am getting properly stuck into things now. It is great to be part of a team again.

On a different note, I have got two good friends who have been running during the year and have clocked up an amazing amount of miles in aid of the Royal British Legion. One of them, finished the year on the 11th of November, by running 11.11 Km up to the Menin Gate Memorial, in Ypres... reaching his total mileage in the process. Here are their stories:



If you would like to donate to the RBL, on either of the links, please do.

From a hobby perspective... I got distracted again. No Dash Hound this week but instead, I have Big Olaf:


Click the Pic!

He is from Hasslefree Miniatures and can be found HERE. Here is a scale pic:


Click the Pic!

In addition to Big Olaf, I was also drawn to another big Dwarf... but he turned out to be VERY big... here's what I mean:




Click the Pix!

The miniature itself is from HERE (EBay link) and I have decided that it will make a perfect Bullgryn Bodyguard. I have swapped the Axe for a shortened Slab Shield and have got this far (still WIP):


Click the Pic!

Whatever happens, it will join Big Olaf in a small detachment of some kind and will be getting some background fluff to go with him at some point. Obviously, I still need to finish painting him but I think he looks pretty cool so far.

In addition to those two Squat related miniatures, I have also assembled an armoured Platypus from HERE but haven't got any further with Dash Hound just yet... maybe he'll get some attention this week. Who knows?

See you from the gurney!

2 comments:

tim said...

Sweet Jiminy! That Big Olaf is ONE BIG DWARF!!

Zzzzzz said...

I think that 'Bullgrymm' is a good call. And the relatively simple conversion is absolutely spot on IG.

Moving on slightly, without eggs and sucking and all, I went down at work eighteen months ago and it turned out to be chronic hypertension, so it might worth mentioning it to your GP, just so it's on the record...