Sunday 18 March 2018

A week of Dread!

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

This week has been pretty sleepless... apart from one tablet night... so I have been restricted in what I could get on with. That said... I have been pottering on with things... but first...

The Halfling snipers are available to buy, in metal from here:


I have also sold my competition sculpt and it has been cast up in metal and may become available at some point. Here's the Original miniature and the metal version (photo is from the purchaser):



Click the Pix!

What I have been doing is putting the proceeds of the various miniature sales to good use, donating to various charities. One such charity is Cancer Research and I have helped my wife's work-place to enter a team of runners into the Race for Life, through the sale of my Squat Exo-Armour legs and the Competition Sculpt. If you wish to help further, here is a link to the donation page:


I guess it's time to start talking about hobby progress. This week, as I have mentioned, wasn't the best for maintaining hobby focus so I have kept away from commissions because, quite frankly, I don't want to ruin what I have already got so far with. When I work on my own stuff, I only have myself to worry about so that is what I have been doing this week. I have been slowly pottering along with my Dreadnoughts and have finished them. Here's what I ended up with:


Click the Pic!

... and when there was a break in the weather, I managed to get a coat of primer on them both:


Click the Pic!

With those two as finished as they can be at the moment (I don't have the paint I need to start painting them with), I tried a bit of sculpting but failed miserably... so I decided to brave the attic and see what I could find. As it happened, I found some T'au Fire Warriors and Stealth Suits, some Dark Elf lizard riders and some Mantic Orks that I started converting into Bullgryn a while ago. Recently, I was looking on EBay and I found a lot that contained a host of Bullgryn/Ogryn weapons so I bought it. Knowing that I had these weapons on hand, I quickly got to work on the only converted Ork and added some of the weapons, ending up with this:


Click the Pic!

At the moment, he is not finished; he still needs a bit of filling and a few details to be added. In the meantime, I have started on the second one but he is at a very early stage so I don't have any pics. The sad thing is that I have three identical miniatures and they are made of Restic (which is a bugger to work with) so I will need to put a lot of work/thought in to making them suitably different to one another. One thing I am thinking of doing, is making a couple of female Bullgryn... that will certainly make them different. In the end, I should have a functional squad of five Bullgryn to add to my Squat army.

So... T'au and big lizards... You wouldn't think they would be compatible at all, would you? Well, I have recently become interested in Pinterest and during my travels, I came across this little beauty:


Click the Pic!

I think it is an excellent idea and although I would do things a little differently, it is something that I am keen to have a go at.

I think that is about everything. 

See you from the spawning ground!



3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Sorry to hear about the night times. The beserker looks great !

Inso said...

The sleep comments are just to give an idea of what I can do... I have suffered from Insomnia for over 20 years (on and off) so it is something that I am used to living with and doesn't really bother me too much. It just makes me think about what I can and can't do at certain stages of tiredness.

At the moment, I seem to be having a bit of a run of it so I don't want to risk ruining other people's stuff.

It is one of the reasons why I always warn people how unreliable I am about keeping set commission times... so I don't set them and tend to charge much less for sculpts as a result (because I cannot predict my sleep patterns).

It is just one of those things :)

Simon Quinton said...

Great job on the berserker shall have to add him to shopping list next time I put an order in over there.