Sunday 13 March 2016

Another change of direction.

Hello again and welcome to Inso's World.

This week has been fairly settled so I have had a small amount of time to get stuck into hobby things. As I mentioned, I am a bit stuck on the Squat APCs because I am still waiting for bits (namely the six mini turrets for each vehicle and then the main turrets for them all). Until I have them, I can't really finish the shape of the vehicles so I am loathe to start filling, just in case I attack an area that won't be visible (wasting my time). That means that the vehciles will be sat until I get my turrets. However, in the meantime, I have been asked about the size of the vehicles so here is a scale pic with a Squat and a Dark Eldar:


Click the Pic!

With the forced lack of progress on the Squat transports, I turned my hobby gaze towards something else and decided that I'd have a look at the new Ghar kits I bought from the Overlord show. Each of the Ghar suits come on an individual sprue (three to a box) so I clipped the pieces off, spent a few minutes cleaning the pieces up and before I knew it, I had one assembled and primed:


Click the Pic!

As you can see from the picture, it is nicely detailed and is very sharply cast. The following day, I got to grips with it and soon had a painted Ghar Assault suit (apart from the base):


Click the Pic!

I went for a nice, simple colour scheme that was dark and almost a little steam-punk with the colours. I have seen a few of these suits painted up by other painters and I think that darker colours suit these better than the white scheme that they are presented with by Warlord Games. Obviously, with the first one painted, I have had start another one and have got to the pre-wash stage:


Click the Pic!

I doubt if I will have it finished today because I have things to do... namely packing for another course this week... this time Introduction to Environmental Management. I am also doing a spot of redecorating in one of the rooms due to finding a large hole in the wall left by the builders when they fitted my shower (it was hidden behind a shelf unit). It was so long ago that I won't bother wasting my time trying to get the builders to fix it... they were contractors for my unit and are long gone. I am looking at it as an opportunity to have a go at decorating (something I haven't done for MANY years)... so it isn't all bad.

So this week will be a bit patchy but I hope to have at least some time to get on with something hobby related. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

See you from the crow's nest on HMS Great Britain!

2 comments:

Euan said...

Those APCs have a really cool silhouette. Are they larger than a Chimera?

Inso said...

I think they will be a little larger than a Chimera when they are finished... but only in length (and they'll be slimmer, width wise).