Sunday 29 November 2015

We have a commander.

Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.

This week has been another relatively quiet one so I have been able to get a small amount of focused hobby time in.

As I have mentioned, I need to get the Squat army command squad finished and have not been particularly motivated to do it lately so in a bid to get things moving, I have changed my tactics and have been focusing my sculpting on individual miniatures... and where better to start than on the army commander himself?:


Click the Pic!

You may well notice that his power fist has grown somewhat. Well, that was as a direct response to feedback from someone on one of the forums I visit. He mentioned that it looked more like a robot hand than a power fist... and now that I have finished the commander, I am glad that I took his suggestion forward.

I have yet to decide which member of the squad will get the focus this week but in the meantime, I have been using up the left-over green stuff on the second primaris psyker/Jedi Beastman:


Click the Pic!

I have been concentrating on getting the face right and I am now happy that he looks suitably grumpy. I have put a base layer for his dreadlocks to be built up and I have decided that he has had his horns trimmed down (like Hellboy). He is likely to get a small goatee beard, some dreads dangling where his side-burns would be and some more 'wayward' dreads on his head (his hair looks a bit too groomed at the moment). The pole he is carrying will turn into a double light-sabre (like Darth Maul has) and his other hand will probably be a clenched fist. Obviously, I still have a long way to go... but now that I am happy with the face, the rest should be straight forward.

In other hobby news, I have bought a model kit to try and get the amphibious transport moving again. Hopefully, having the wheels from this, will stimulate some progress on the track units:


Click the Pic!

I specifically chose this kit due to the relatively small road wheels.

... and finally... there may be painting very soon:


Click the Pic!

These three Squats are ones that were spare so I glued some plastic arms on them and have undercoated them with Halfords primer; ready to be used for selecting an army colour scheme. That's where I'll leave that for now.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed today's little update.

See you from the armoury!

4 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

That Cap'n looks good!

Mr Teufel said...

That beast-man's head is bloody brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Great work, the captain is excellent - and looking forward to seeing what you do with the StuG.

Blogger said...

Need To Boost Your ClickBank Traffic And Commissions?

Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your picked ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.