Sunday 30 November 2014

A bit of a downer.

Welcome to Inso's World and this week I have no hobby stuff to share. Why? Well... if you read on, you'll find out.

In the military, you often have to go away on detachments/deployments and sometimes they are planned months in advance and a rota is sorted out so that people can be sent out and replaced when their time is up. It relys on the people who are chosen, being fit to deploy.

When you are chosen for a deployment of this kind, you are given a 'go' date and you are given a 'reserve' date. The reserve date is a detachment length before you are due to deploy. Your go date is when you should have your boots on the ground.

I am on such a list and have a go date and a reserve date. my go date is April 2015. My reserve date is December 2014. Unfortunately, it looks like the person who is due to go out before me, may be unfit to deply so it is very likely that I will be going in December.

As you can imagine, that means that I have a lot of stuff to get sorted out before I go and as a result, my hobby time will be dramatically reduced (if not stopped all together) so that I have the time to get prepared to deploy.

I am not going anywhere nasty (once I'm there, I will share more) but it is from 4 to 6 months away.

So... if Inso's World is devoid of hobby stuff for a while, that's the reason.

But it isn't all doom and gloom. When I get where I am going, I will have a decent room and will have time to sculpt a bunch of arms on a bunch of Squats and will be taking hobby stuff with me to keep me entertained. I also plan to do a little writing so I will have stuff to share while I am away.

What have I been upto this week? I have primed and base-coated the Mechadrome, light mech, a nice military green and I have started to work on my Diorama of doom... but that will all have to wind down for a bit so I can sort stuff out so that my wife doesn't have my hobby clogging up the living room while I am away.

Well that's about it. When I know a bit more about what is going on, I will keep you posted but in the meantime... here are some kittens:



See you from the strange new world.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate kittens!

Vampifan said...

I love kittens!

Inso said...

I love kittens too :)

PMMDJ said...

Hope the deployment goes smoothly.

Rob Alderman said...

I hope all is well, and thank you for the support you have shared recently.
All the best on your travels,
Rob

Inso said...

Cheers PMMDJ :)

Cheers Rob, you've been getting a lot of flak lately and I just thought you needed a wing man :)

Mr Teufel said...

Bit of a downer. Good luck, hope it all works out well.

Inso said...

Cheers :)