Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunday's diversion.

I can sum up my weekend with one word... frustration.

I have been keen to get on with something but couldn't decide what so I just wound myself up and didn't achieve much at all. I sometimes have times like that; when I have a number of projects I want to get on with but my mind is not on it at all. When it happens, it is really aggravating but I just have to calm myself down and choose something different to do... so that is what I did.

Saturday, I went shopping (as usual) and spent some of my Christmas/birthday vouchers on a pair of graphic novels (Marvel: Civil War and Inhumans). I haven't read them yet but they look entertaining. During my trip around the town, I could really feel myself getting wound up so we had to cut the trip short, lest I did something daft and when I got home I decided to dig something out of the cupboard that was completely different to all of my current projects... and I managed to finish the items off. Here are some pix:


Click the Pic!


Click the Pic!

As you can see, they are a pair of mutated Mushroom Men from Outer Space! The top one is a poison spore launcher and the lower one is a mystic with deformed arm. Both of these have been sat in the cupboard for ages so it is about time they were finished. I still need to varnish them (they are still a bit shiny) but they can now join their big brother in the Mushroom army:


Click the Pic!

In other news, I decided to put together some trophies for the winners of the Unofficial Diorama of Doom and thought that some of my own sculpts/casts would be appropriate so I dug out three of my Dwarf divers and added some bases... here are the finished trophies:


Click the Pic!

There are very few of the divers out there now and there were only fifty cast in the first place so these are quite a limited edition... and worthy to be presented as a prize (I still have two more but one will always be mine and the other will have to be either a freebie or sold for charity).

Even though I have changed tack this weekend, I did manage to work on the Clankers during the week and have got a good way through base-coating the last unit. I expect them to get finished this week and then I can tick another box.

Phew! It's all going on here!

See you from the massage chair!

4 comments:

Mr Teufel said...

This is one of those times that it really bugs me that you don't use subject tags on your blog. It'd be really great to call up all your Mushroom Men posts to see how these developed!

Sure, there's a thread on FoD, but it keeps referring to this blog for extra pix! :(

Inso said...

When I started this blog, I didn't know about tags... and it will take forever for me to go back and tag things... sorry :(

I did learn on my Grymn Blog... I use tags on that one.

All of the mushroom pix can be found here:

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/Inso/Aliens/

I hope that helps.

Da Masta Cheef said...

I didn't know about tags when I started either, and it was a hellova project to remedy that once I did!

Mr Teufel said...

Thanks for the link. :)