It feels good to sort things out once in a while...
...and the same thing goes with the hobby. Prior to Christmas, I had a big sort out, put a lot of stuff away, went through my paints and binned the dead ones, tidied tools away and generally sorted the hobby area out. Yesterday, I went through my growing collection of Necron plastics and de-sprued everything to sort into multi-celled storage boxes. I also put all the components needed for individual Beetle-bots into little kits in plastic bags so all I need to do is pick up a bag and I have everything I need to build a single Beetle-bot. It really is amazing to see the amount of waste plastic that is generated when you de-sprue all those spare components.
Once I had finished all that, I was able to list what I had for the Beetle-bot army and so far we have:
1x Lord on foot (finished)
3x Destroyers (finished)
12x Beetle-bots (finished)
5x Wraiths (converted and waiting for paint)
5x Immortals (conversions in progress)
5x Deathmarks (conversion in progress)
22x Beetle-bots (not started)
1x Heavy Destroyer (not started)
1x Destroyer Lord (not started)
1x Monolith (not started)
It all makes up quite a little force and the bonus is that I have everything I need to put together what is listed above (apart from a few bits and bobs for the Monolith...but that is still in the design phase).
So, in amongst all the tidying, sorting and general day-to-day stuff, I managed to put together a how to (see last post) and convert a few other bits and bobs. First, I have finished the last two Wraiths and here they all are together:
Click the Pic!
The two newest ones are on the black bases. None of them have seen any paint yet because I want to finish the Immortals and Deathmarks (Sniper beetles) before I move on to the paint stage. Speaking of Immortals, I built a second one while putting together the How To:
Click the Pic!
So, there are three more Immortals and four more Deathmarks to go before I start painting the bots.
On the subject of paint, I have started painting my Mantic Forgeguards. I decided to spray undercoat them and have been ticking along very slowly (I have been busy with other things) so there are no pics to show off but I am working on them.
Well, I think that about finishes things up for today!
Coming up soon will be more How To guides and more Beetle-bots... but not today!
See you from the spire!