Sunday 2 January 2011

The first Sunday of 2011.

I know I said that I wasn't necessarily going to post tonight...but it's Sunday and I just couldn't get out of the habit.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pix to show off today but rest assured, I haven't been idle. I have been busy converting the next squad of tunnel fighters and just have a strap to finish on one of the troopers and another basic squad will be ready for paint.

The funny thing about Christmas is what to do with gift vouchers. I find gift vouchers a bit of a godsend as they give someone something appropriate to give as a gift without feeling like they've just given you cash. On the other hand, what do you spend them on? Well, I received £35-00 worth of GW gift vouchers and popped into town today to spend them. I went into the shop and was faced with an array of stuff to spend the vouchers on but half of the products didn't have prices on and, knowing that GW are in the process of 'price changes', I was limited to what was already priced up (who wants to go to a till only to find that what they have picked up costs more than they thought? I know I don't!)...

To cut a long story short, I bought a box of Necrons and still have £15-00 left for some paint at a later date. I bought Necrons because I can make 12 more Beetle-Bots now :).

On my web-travels, I often see some very cool paint-jobs on some very cool miniatures. One of the people whose painting always catches my eye is a bloke called Dags (on Frothers Unite UK). Well, Dags has a new blog...and if I were you, I'd go and have a look at it:

Cool Painting Site

Isn't it annoying when you want to paint something but have to convert it first? I am in the mood for painting Tunnel Fighters but I have to finish converting them first...Grrr ;)!

Well, I reckon that is about it for now...

...but wait...

...I haven't wished you all a Happy New Year yet!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

See you through the steam rising from a lovely cup of rosy lee!

No comments: